Terms And Conditions
Statement of Purpose
Blood Tests at Home aims to provide a high-quality blood taking service (phlebotomy) to our clients in the comfort of their home.
We are able to provide our home visiting phlebotomy service to patients living in areas stated on our website.
We offer blood tests to Children (any age) and Adults although we are unable to use numbing spray or creams as these take too long to take effect
Phlebotomy appointments are available from 6am until 3pm from Monday to Friday. Our secretary is available to be contacted during office hours of 9am to 5pm.
Failed Appointment Policy
Clients are advised that in booking an appointment they are reserving the phlebotomist’s time exclusively for their blood test. Clients are advised that:
- If cancellation of the appointment is not made either by speaking in person or by leaving a message on the phone number, at least 24 hours before the appointment, we reserve the right that no refund or rearrangement of the appointment will be possible without further charge.
- The phlebotomist will knock or ring the doorbell at the address given at the time of booking. If they are not available, an attempt will be made to ring the telephone number given at the time of booking. If no contact is made, the phlebotomist will have to leave to ensure they are not late for subsequent appointments. No refund or rearrangement of the appointment will be possible without further charge.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure they are fasting for their blood test if appropriate. If the phlebotomist is aware that the correct period of fasting has not been observed, we reserve the right not to take the bloods. No refund or rearrangement of the appointment will be possible without further charge.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that none of the bloods are required to be taken at the hospital due to special conditions required for certain tests (please see ‘Preparation for blood test’ section for ‘special blood tests to be taken in the hospital only’).
- If a blood test is attempted in a child or a needle phobic adult, we will be unable to spend more than the allocated time to calm them down to do the blood test. We are not able to use numbing spray or creams as these take too long to take effect. If we are unsuccessful in taking the bloods as the client will not hold still, we reserve the right that no refund or rearrangement of the appointment will be possible without further charge.
- There is always a possibility that we cannot get enough bloods for the tests requested. This is sometimes unavoidable and happens in all phlebotomy centres.
- If this is the case with you, as confirmed by the phlebotomist, we will offer you one of the following:
- return on another occasion to attempt to take your bloods with no further charge
- we will offer you a 50% refund if you request no further attempts
Cancellation & Rearranging Appointment Policy
Clients are advised that in booking an appointment they are reserving the phlebotomist’s time exclusively for their blood test.
After booking an appointment, we require 24-hours’ notice to rearrange the appointment time or date to a more suitable time should your circumstances change.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds for cancellations at any time.
Fees and Payment Terms
Fees are subject to change without notice.
It is unlikely that health insurance companies will cover this service. If you feel that this service may be claimable, any liaison with the insurance companies will be your responsibility and payment will be required to be made at the time of booking.
All credit card payments are taken online via UTP (http://www.universaltp.com) and are complaint with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). This means we play our role in ensuring your payment card data is being kept safe throughout every transaction.
To find out more about PCI DSS, visit: https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/
We will provide an email receipt for all card payments if you request.
Avicenna Health is the parent company of Blood Tests at Home. Avicenna Health is fully registered with the Care Quality Commission. All our phlebotomists have appropriate medical indemnity and public liability cover.
Data Protection Act 1998
We observe the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the data protection principles in relation to personal data. By agreeing to these terms you are agreeing to the processing of personal data to enable us to carry out work on your behalf. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to request details of your personal data held by us.
Patients are not required to register with Blood Tests at Home.
Of note, we will request your details including your name, address and contact details so that we can arrange for the phlebotomist to visit you at the specified time.
We will keep these details on our database to make booking simpler if you choose to use the service again. If you would like your details removed, please request this at the time of booking or at any time after.
These details will not be shared with any third parties without your consent.
We do not intend to replace your NHS phlebotomy service and are available for those who wish to use our service for convenience.
‘Blood Tests at Home’ is committed to providing a high quality private phlebotomy service to our clients. However, we do recognise that there may be occasions when patients may wish to complain about some aspect of the service which has been offered or received.
If you feel you wish to discuss an issue, or indeed make a complaint, we would kindly ask that you bring this our attention as soon as possible. This complaints procedure ensures that your complaint will be dealt with as quickly as possible.
- Verbal Complaints
If you wish to make a verbal complaint, please contact us via the telephone number and explain you would like to make a complaint. You will be asked briefly about the circumstances and our registered manager will contact you back as soon as possible. We will make every effort to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. If your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you will be advised on the process to make a formal written complaint.
- Written Complaints
All written complaints should be addressed to Dr Nazmul Mohsin, Registered Manager. This should be emailed to email@example.com. Please describe as fully as you can the nature of your complaint stating the following information.
- When the incident took place
- What are you unhappy about
Your complaint will be acknowledged in writing within two (2) working days of receiving the letter unless a full reply can be sent to you within five (5) working days.
Dr Mohsin will carry out a full investigation of the nature of your complaint and offer to meet with you in order to resolve the issue/s. You will receive a full written response within twenty (20) working days of the complaint being received.
If a full response cannot be given within twenty (20) working days of receiving your complaint, Dr Mohsin will write to you to explain the reason for the delay. You will receive a full written response within five (5) days of a conclusion being reached.
If you are still unhappy about the outcome of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Care Quality Commission, the organisation that regulates Avicenna Health. The address is: Care Quality Commission, Citygate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4PA. Telephone: 03000 616161. Internet: http://www.cqc.org.uk
Please be assured that Blood Tests at Home will deal with all complaints confidentially and following investigation, will consider making changes to improve the healthcare services on offer to all patients.
You can download the Terms & Conditions document for your record